Aam Panna is a popular Indian summer cooler made using raw mangoes. This tangy sweet mango drink is cooling to the body and can be had any time of the day. Here is a quick and easy recipe for the same.
– Raw Mango, i use totapuri: 4 nos
– Fresh mint leaves, cleaned and washed: 1 bunch
– Turmeric: 1 teaspoon
– Roasted Cumin Seeds: 2 tablespoons
– Sugar, vary according to your taste: 1 cup
– Peel the mangoes and deseed it. Chop them into pieces and pressure cook it along with turmeric till the cooker releases two whistles.
– Once the pressure cooker is cooled, open it and add the sugar to the mangoes and stir. Let the mixture cool.
– Once the mixture is cooled, add cleaned mint leaves, roasted jeera and blend it in a blender to a smooth paste using the cordless hand blender.
– This is a concentrate puree. Add 3 tbsp to one glass of cold water. Check the taste to adjust the amount of mint, cumin or sugar according to your taste. If the taste is fine then store it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. You could also freeze them as ice cubes.
– Add the concentrate to chilled water and top it with some fresh roasted cumin powder and serve.