Flapjacks are British granola bars made of oats and nuts of your choice. Apricot Dates Flapjack Cookies are flourless delicious and heathy munchie packed with nutrition. Flapjacks are fibrous oats cookies loaded with dates apricots and walnuts.
As mentioned Flapjacks are bars but there is no rigid rule, so tweaked and shaped it into cookies. These nutty cookies are very easy to make and taste super awesome. I have used salted butter, but unsalted butter can also be used. Furthermore, the addition of nuts are totally your choice, as you can add as many varieties of nuts you prefer. Since these are highly fibrous and power pack munchie, these are best to be enjoyed after workouts or as a mid snacking.If you are looking for healthy breakfast options, theses flap jack cookies with a glass of milk is an ideal meal for it.
Time taken: 60 minutes Serves : 24 cookies
- Dates (deseeded and roughly chopped): 14 – 15 nos.
- Dried apricots (roughly chopped): 14 – 15 nos.
- Walnuts (roughly chopped): ¾ cup
- Rolled oats: 200 grams
- Honey: 3 tablespoon
- Butter: ¾ cup
- Brown sugar: ¾ cup
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees centigrade.
- Grease the cooking tray and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat butter.
- Add honey and brown sugar.
- Mix and cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add walnuts, dates, apricots and mix.
- Add oats and mix.
- Take it off the heat.
- Now take a spoonful of mixture, flatten a bit and place it on the tray at a distance of 1½ to 2 inches.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Take out and cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.