With Mangoes in season, Mango cheesecake will be the perfect treat to make. It is simple and yet a party winner. Our Chef of the Fortnight, Sukanta Das, Executive Pastry Chef, Shangrila’s Eros Hotel shows us how to do it using a KitchenAid Stand Mixer.
– Cream cheese: 1 kg (at room temperature)
– Sugar: 300 gm
– Eggs: 5
– Egg yolks: 2
– Heavy cream: 70 gm
– Flour: 50 gm
– Fresh Seasonal Mango: 700 gm
– Preheat the oven to 100° C.
For the Crust:
-400 gm of Parle-G Biscuits crushed finely. Add 75 g softened butter and mix them together.
– Take 2 number 9 inch diameter cake ring; cover the base with sliver foil. Pour into each ring, 220 gm biscuit crumbs and press tightly. Bake for 10 minutes to set the crumbs.
– Mix the cream cheese and sugar and beat until smooth by using KitchenAid Stand Mixer – Flat Beater.
– Add egg yolks, eggs and cream one by one until fully incorporated and smooth
– Add the flour and mix well.
– Add 300 gm chopped mango in the mixture.
– Pour the cream cheese filling onto the cooled cheesecake base in the ring on the baking sheet.
– Place in the oven and bake for 1.5 hours, until the edges are set and the middle is a little wobbly.
– Remove the cheesecake from the oven, set aside to cool, and then refrigerate.
– Cut fresh ripped mango, arrange on top and serve.