Preparation Time: 8 – 10 minutes Serves:4
Cooking Time: 45 – 55 minutes
– Beetroot: 350 gms
– Garlic: 2-3 cloves
– Lemon: 1 no.
– Zest of lemon: 1 no.
– Vegetable stock: 400 – 500 ml
– Sour cream: 40 gms
– Salt to taste
– Pepper to taste
– Dill/ Chives optional
– Wash and scrub beetroot. Cut thick slices of lemon. Rub the beetroot lightly with oil and salt. Place the
– Cut thick slices of lemon.
– Rub the beetroot lightly with oil and salt.
– Place the beetroot, lemon and garlic in silver foil, wrap and seal edges.
– Roast in the oven at 180C for 35-40 minutes till tender.
– After roasting the lemon can be kept aside for garnish.
– Place the beetroot in the KitchenAid Diamond Blender along with stock , salt and pepper and blend using the hot foods function.
– Adjust consistency as desired with the stock.
– Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
– Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of dill or chive.