Preparation Time: 8 – 10 minutes Serves:4
Cooking Time: 45 – 55 minutes
- Beetroot: 350 gms
- Garlic: 2-3 cloves
- Lemon: 1 no.
- Zest of lemon: 1 no.
- Vegetable stock: 400 – 500 ml
- Sour cream: 40 gms
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dill/ Chives optional
- Wash and scrub beetroot. Cut thick slices of lemon. Rub the beetroot lightly with oil and salt. Place the
- Cut thick slices of lemon.
- Rub the beetroot lightly with oil and salt.
- Place the beetroot, lemon and garlic in silver foil, wrap and seal edges.
- Roast in the oven at 180C for 35-40 minutes till tender.
- After roasting the lemon can be kept aside for garnish.
- Place the beetroot in the KitchenAid Diamond Blender along with stock , salt and pepper and blend using the hot foods function.
- Adjust consistency as desired with the stock.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of dill or chive.