Recipe by KitchenAid Chef Of the Fortnight:Chef PRIYAM CHATTERJEE,
Head Chef Qla, Kalka Dass, Mehrauli, Delhi
BLACK TRUFFLE GOUGERES
– Pre heats the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
– Flour: 300 gms
– Butter: 200 gms
– Emanthal cheese: 40 gms
– Gruyere cheese: 40 gms
– Milk: 500 gms
– Eggs: 6
– Thyme: 3 gms
– Chopped garlic: 1 spoon
– Half cap of black truffle oil
– Add the butter and flour into a heavy bottomed Saucepan and cook the roux.
– Add the milk and continue cooking. Check seasoning.
– Once nice and semi thick. Remove the paste and bring it into the KitchenAid Stand Mixer
– On a slow speed, blend in the cheese and let it incorporate
– Add the thyme and garlic and oil.
– On a medium speed, drop one egg yolk at a time till the Choux paste is even and smooth. Let it rest.