Blueberry Cheese Cake
– Recipe by Chef Nicholas Fernandes
Executive Pastry Chef at Hyatt Regency, Mumbai
INGREDIENTS: For Cookie base
– Vanilla Short bread: 350gm
– Sugar: 210gm
– Butter: 200gm
INGREDIENTS: For Cheese cake mix
– Cream cheese: 600gm
– Sugar: 180gm
– Eggs: 90ml
– Vanilla essence: 3ml
– Lemon juice: 12ml
– Corn flour: 20gm
– Sour cream: 185gm
– Blueberries: 100gm
METHOD: For Cookie Base
– Crush the Short bread to fine crumbs with the KitchenAid Hand Mixer
– Combine all ingredientsthe crumbs, sugar & butter till it resembles a bread crumbs consistency,using the KitchenAid Hand Mixer.
– Line a stainless steel cake ring approximately 8 inch diameter with silver foil at the base & seal it, So mixture does not flow out of the ring,
– Place the crumb mixture in the liner cake ring and press the crumbs to make a firm base,
METHOD: Cheese cake mix
– Beat cream cheese, sugar, corn flour, sour cream together till smooth, using the KitchenAid Hand Mixer
– Add eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Do not aerate.
– Fold in the blueberries.
– Pour the mixture in prepared rings and bake at 150 degrees in a water bath for 60-80minutes.
– Check the cake for a firm feel on top. Remove and cool.
– Serve as required with your favorite topping or top it with some more blueberries.