In this cold, spine-chilling weather nothing seems to be more soothing than a bowl of hot and steaming soup. Broccoli Soup is one such soup recipe for winters. It is rich in iron and low on the calorie count. It takes no time to make soup from scratch at home plus it keeps your family on a healthy diet track as well.
Serves: 4 Time: 30 minutes
– Broccoli (washed and cut into florets): 100 gm
– Button mushrooms (washed): 6 nos.
– Olive oil: 2 teaspoons
– Cumin: 1 teaspoon
– Black peppercorns: 4-6
– Vegetable Stock: 3 cup
– Salt to taste
– Milk: 1/4 cup
– Chop mushrooms using chopper attachment of KitchenAid Pro Line Cordless Hand Blender.
– Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
– Add cumin seeds and peppercorns. Once these start to crackle, add the cut broccoli and mushrooms.
– Saute the vegetables for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Add stock and salt. Stir to combine.
– Let the soup simmer over medium heat till vegetables are cooked through and the liquid has reduced to almost half the original amount. Then turn off the heat.
– Using the KitchenAid Pro Line Cordless Hand Blender puree the soup to a smooth consistency.
– Strain the soup with a sieve. Once again transfer the soup to the same saucepan and turn on the heat.
– Bring the soup to the boil once and add milk. Stir to combine. Adjust seasoning. Let the soup simmer for few more minutes.
Serve Broccoli Soup warm topped with toasted pumpkin seeds