–Chef ARUN SUNDARARAJ
EXECUTIVE CHEF, THE TAJ MAHAL HOTEL, DELHI
– Eggs: 10nos
– Flour: 160gms
– Cocoa powder: 40gm
– Sugar: 200gm
– Chocolate: 200gm
– Cream: 100ml
– Sugar syrup: 100ml
– Preset the oven to 180 degrees.
– Using the KitchenAid hand Mixer, cream eggs and sugar together in the mixing bowl.
– Sift flour and cocoa powder together.
– Gently fold in the flour and cocoa powder mixture into egg batter, making sure not to over mix the batter.
– Spread the batter in a lined baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes.
– Thickness should not be more than ½ inch.
– Remove the cake sheet from the oven and let in cool down completely.
– Heat the cream in a pan and pour it over the chocolate and whisk until smooth (Ganache), reserve.
– Make three sheets like above.
– Sprinkle sugar syrup on each sheet to keep them moist.
– Spread the Ganache on the cooled cake sheets and cover with another layer on top. Repeat the process until we have three layers.
– Transfer the cake in the freezer to let it chill.
– Once chilled, take the cake out and cut it with an eye shaped cutter. Remove some cake from the centre, thus depicting an eye.
– Pour Ganache from the top again until fully coated from all the sides.
– Heat the cake for 45 seconds in a microwave and pour vanilla ice cream scoop in the middle.
– Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.