-Chef ARUN SUNDARARAJ
EXECUTIVE CHEF, THE TAJ MAHAL HOTEL, DELHI
- Eggs: 10nos
- Flour: 160gms
- Cocoa powder: 40gm
- Sugar: 200gm
- Chocolate: 200gm
- Cream: 100ml
- Sugar syrup: 100ml
- Preset the oven to 180 degrees.
- Using the KitchenAid hand Mixer, cream eggs and sugar together in the mixing bowl.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together.
- Gently fold in the flour and cocoa powder mixture into egg batter, making sure not to over mix the batter.
- Spread the batter in a lined baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Thickness should not be more than ½ inch.
- Remove the cake sheet from the oven and let in cool down completely.
- Heat the cream in a pan and pour it over the chocolate and whisk until smooth (Ganache), reserve.
- Make three sheets like above.
- Sprinkle sugar syrup on each sheet to keep them moist.
- Spread the Ganache on the cooled cake sheets and cover with another layer on top. Repeat the process until we have three layers.
- Transfer the cake in the freezer to let it chill.
- Once chilled, take the cake out and cut it with an eye shaped cutter. Remove some cake from the centre, thus depicting an eye.
- Pour Ganache from the top again until fully coated from all the sides.
- Heat the cake for 45 seconds in a microwave and pour vanilla ice cream scoop in the middle.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.