Caramel Parfait Glance
Recipe by CHEF JAMSHEED BHOTE
– Executive Chef of CVS hospitalities
INGREDIENTS: For the peanut dacquoise
– Roasted peanut: 140 gms
– Icing sugar: 260 gms
– Almond powder: 80 gms
– Egg white: 160 gms
– Castor sugar: 100 gms
INGREDIENTS: For the parfait
– Elle vire cream (whipped): 200 gms
– Elle vire cream: 300 gms
– Liquid glucose: 115 gms
– Castor sugar: 140 gms
– Vanilla bean: 1 no.
– Gelatin: 12 gms
INGREDIENTS: For pate bombe
– Egg yolk: 160 gms
– Castor sugar: 50 gms
– Water: 30 gms
– Liquid glucose: 20 gms
METHOD: for the dacquoise
– Crush the peanuts with the icing sugar in a KitchenAid Food Chopper
– Mix in the almond powder. And add to the peanut mix.
– Make a meringue in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer by whipping the egg whites till frothy on speed 4. once frothy gradually add the sugar and increase the speed to 8 till stiff peaks form.
– Fold in the peanut mix with the meringue. Spread on a slipat and bake at 180 for 12 mins
– Once baked crush and spread on the bottom of a square ring to form the base of the dessert.
METHOD: For the parfait
– Whip 200 ml of the elle vire cream in a kitchenAid stand mixer on speed 6 till soft peaks and keep aside in the refrigerator.
– Boil the 300 ml of cream with liquid glucose and scrapped vanilla bean and keep aside.
– In a separate pan make a caramel with the castor sugar. Add the cream mixture and soaked gelatine. Keep aside to cool down
METHOD: For the pate bombe
– Mix boil the water, sugar and glucose till it reaches 118 degrees.
– Whip the yolks in a KitchenAid Stand Mixer on speed 5 till pale yellow in colour and the mixture increases in volume and slowly add the boiled sugar syrup to the yolks.
– Keep whisking till it becomes thick. Fold in the caramel and cream mixture into the pate bombe.
– Finally fold the mixture with the whipped cream, and pour over the dacquoise base and allow to set in the freezer.
– Serve with salted caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, chocolate mousse and sesame tuile.