Anyone who loves CHEESE is a true Food Lover!! ‘Cheese Sticks': Best munching snack ever
Time Taken: 10 minutes + 10-12 minutes baking time Serves: 54 sticks
– Cheddar cheese: 113 gms
– Parmesan cheese: 113 gms
– Red pepper flakes: 1⁄2 teaspoon
– Oregano: 1⁄2 teaspoon
– Frozen puff pastry (defrosted): 1 sheet
– Egg white: 1 no.
– Water: 1 tablespoon
- Assemble and attach the Rotor Slicer/Shredder using fine shredder cone (No.1) in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Using the fine shredder cone (No.1) at speed 4, shred Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese into separate bowls. Add red pepper flakes and oregano to Cheddar cheese and thoroughly combine; set aside.
- On lightly floured board, roll pastry to a 15X18 inch rectangle. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese mixture over pastry and press lightly into dough. Cut pastry lengthwise into three 5X18 inch strips, then horizontally into 1-inch pieces. Twist each piece into a spiral.
- Beat egg white and water with fork until foamy. Brush sticks with beaten egg white and roll in Parmesan cheese. Place on greased baking sheets and bake at 220C for 10 to 12 mins or until golden. Serve warm.