Chocolate Cream, Rock Salt with Olive Oil Ice Cream, Crispy Sour Dough Cracker
– Recipe by Chef Devender Bungla,
Corporate Pastry Chef at Hyatt Regency, Delhi
– Milk: 250 ml
– Fresh cream: 250 ml
– Sugar: 70 gms
– Egg: 5 nos.
– Single origin bitter chocolate 200 Gms
INGREDIENTS: For Olive oil Ice Cream
– Milk: 375 ml
– Cream: 125 ml
– Sugar: 115 ml
– Egg yolk: 4 nos.
– Olive oil: 40 ml
– Lemon (cut into half/ overnight marinated with olive oil): 3 nos.
METHOD: for custard
– Boil milk and cream together.
– Mix egg yolk with sugar.
– Mix in the boiled milk and cream.
– Add melted chocolate and keep overnight.
– On second day; whisk using the KitchenAid Hand Mixer and pour in the glass.
– Chill it in the freezer.
METHOD: For olive oil Ice Cream
– Boil the milk and cream.
– Beat the egg yolk and sugar, Add the boiled milk and cream to it.
– Whisk it Using the KitchenAid Hand Mixer, and cool down the mixture.
– Add soaked olive oil lemon flavor.
– Put the mixture in Ice cream machine
– Take out the ready Ice cream from machine.
– Ready to use.
– Take the cold chocolate custard shooter.
– Put one scoop of olive oil Ice cream on the top.
– Sprinkle with maldon salt.
– Serve with the extra virgin olive oil.
– Slice any old sour dough or rye bread very thin.
– Apply melted bread on both the sides.
– Sprinkle with custard sugar and bake on 160 C until the slice is crispy like a cracker.
– Serve with chocolate custard.