Its Rich, Its Crunchy, Its Soft…Its macaroooons!
SANAH VOHRA, our Chef Of The Fortnight, gives us her favorite recipe ‘Chocolate Macaroons with Whiskey Ganache Filling.
FOR THE SHELL:
– Icing sugar: 125 g
– Cocoa: 1 tablespoon
– Ground almonds: 100 g
– Egg whites: 2 medium
FOR THE FILLING
– Dark chocolate: 100 g
– Whipping cream: 100 g
– Irish whiskey (liquor of choice)
– Heat oven to 180°c.
– Line a large baking sheet with baking paper. Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl, and then stir into the ground almonds.
– Whisk the egg whites in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer until stiff, and then fold them into the dry ingredients. Pipe your Macaroons out on the baking tray, leave it to dry out for 15 minutes and bake for 15-20 minutes.
– Melt the dark chocolate and bring the cream to a simmer. Combine the cream with the dark chocolate using a whisk. Gradually add in the Irish whiskey.
– Pipe the cooled ganache on one half of the macaroon and sandwich it between 2 shells.