Chef Vinesh Johny, Executive Chef Lavonne India shares his decadent Chocolate Soufflé recipe.
Soufflé is basically a cream sauce base combined with meringue. Different ingredients are then added to this combination, and in our recipe, we’ve used chocolate and orange liquor.
It’s easy, elegant and allows for a lot of experimenting with flavour. And thanks to how light it is, makes for a perfect post-meal dessert.
- Orange juice 500 ml
- Egg yolk 144g
- Castor Sugar 120 g
- Flour 90g
- Dark chocolate 240g
- Orange liquor 60ml
- Butter melted as needed
- Castor sugar as needed
- Icing sugar to decorate
Note: Brush down the ramekins with butter and coat well castor sugar. Keep in fridge till needed.
- Warm the orange juice.
- Whisk the yolk with 90 g sugar. After this, whisk in the flour and warm orange juice.
- Cook on low heat till it thickens. Do not bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the warm chocolate. We’ve used Callebaut chocolate to attain that perfectly balanced richness.
- Once this is well mixed, stir in the orange liquor. Allow the whole mix to cool down .
- Whip up the egg white with 30g of the sugar in parts to make a stiff meringue.
- Fold this mix into the cooled chocolate base. Pipe into the ramekins and smoothen the top.
- Bake at 210 C for 12 minutes, till you can see that it has risen and the top is golden brown. With soufflé, make sure you DO NOT touch to check done-ness, or the soufflé might collapse.
- As a final touch, sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve immediately.