‘Chef Of The Fortnight’- Chef Sanjay Thomas, F and B Director, The Suryaa, New Delhi brings us a beautiful and delicious recipe ‘ Christmas Plum Pudding’ this Christmas. Let us celebrate a lot of joy and happiness this season!!
- Cooking butter: 125 gms.
- Sugar: 75 gms.
- Bread crumbs: 40 gms.
-Refined flour: 50 gms.
- Eggs: 4 nos.
- Mixed fruits (macerated): 200 gms.
- Orange zest and juice: of 8 oranges
- Lime Zest and juice: of 8 lemons
- Apple (chopped): 1 no.
- Caramel color – 25 ml.
- Cream sugar and butter in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer, add the eggs one by one and then the extract
- Fold in the flour
- Mix the fruits and all other ingredients
- Grease and dust a 250 gm mould
- Place the mixture in the mould and cover the mould with aluminum foil. Place the mould in a baking pan with water
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 degree celsius for 35 minutes
- De-mould and cool the pudding on a wire rack. Place special X’Mas decorations on the pudding or cover with a muslin cloth and tie with a ribbon.
Merry Christmas !!