‘Chef Of The Fortnight’- Chef Sanjay Thomas, F and B Director, The Suryaa, New Delhi brings us a beautiful and delicious recipe ‘ Christmas Plum Pudding’ this Christmas. Let us celebrate a lot of joy and happiness this season!!
– Cooking butter: 125 gms.
– Sugar: 75 gms.
– Bread crumbs: 40 gms.
-Refined flour: 50 gms.
– Eggs: 4 nos.
– Mixed fruits (macerated): 200 gms.
– Orange zest and juice: of 8 oranges
– Lime Zest and juice: of 8 lemons
– Apple (chopped): 1 no.
– Caramel color – 25 ml.
– Cream sugar and butter in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer, add the eggs one by one and then the extract
– Fold in the flour
– Mix the fruits and all other ingredients
– Grease and dust a 250 gm mould
– Place the mixture in the mould and cover the mould with aluminum foil. Place the mould in a baking pan with water
– Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 degree celsius for 35 minutes
– De-mould and cool the pudding on a wire rack. Place special X’Mas decorations on the pudding or cover with a muslin cloth and tie with a ribbon.
Merry Christmas !!