CORN AND CHEESE MUFFINS: Savory baked treats loaded with cheese, sweet corn and fresh basil. These muffins are perfect for the evening tea-time along with a cup of coffee. Corn and Cheese Muffins can be served along with your favorite wine and some good pesto on the side.
Yield: 6 – 8 Muffins
Equipment Used: KitchenAid 7 Speed hand Blender
– Corn Kernels: 1/4 cup
– Grated Cheese: 1/4 cup
– Olive Oil: 1/4 cup
– Egg: 1
– Milk, (room temperature): 1/4 cup
– All Purpose Flour: 1 cup
– Baking Powder: 1 1/2 teaspoon
– Italian Herb Mix: 1 teaspoon
– Salt to taste
– Fresh Basil Leaves, (fine chopped): 5 – 6
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius. Line muffin tray with paper liners or grease lightly with olive oil.
- In a bowl whisk milk and olive oil until combined well using KitchenAid Hand Blender.
- Add egg as shown in image 1 and whisk again for 2 – 3 minutes.
– In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, salt together.
- Next add black pepper, corn kernels, grated cheese and Italian seasoning mix in the flour mixture. Stir to combine.
– Combine wet and dry ingredients to form a smooth batter for the bread.
Do not over mix the batter and make sure no lumps of flour remain in the batter.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 with the muffin batter. Add chopped basil leaves on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Insert toothpick in the center to check if its done.
- Transfer Corn and Cheese Muffins to a wire rack to cool down for sometime.
- Serve with some basil pesto on the side.