Bite full of Goodness!! Love the convenience of this delicious Creamy Gorgonzola, Chive and Walnut Tart.
Time Take: 8 – 10 minutes Serves: 18 Tarts
– Walnuts (toasted and cooled): 1⁄4 cup
– Chives (fresh): 10 gms (torn into 1-inch pieces)
– Cream cheese (softened and cubed): 230 gms
– Gorgonzola cheese (crumbled): 85 gms
– Ground black pepper: 1⁄4 teaspoon
– Pre-baked tart shells (2-inch diameter): 18 nos.
– Additional fresh chives for garnish (optional)
– In the chopper attachment bowl with blade, place walnuts and cover. Insert blending arm into chopper cover and coarsely chop on Speed 5 using KitchenAid Pro Line Cordless Hand Blender, remove and set aside for garnish.
– Add chives to chopper and top with cream cheese cubes, gorgonzola cheese and black pepper. Blend until smooth on Speed 3 using the hand blender scraping downside as needed.
– When ready to assemble, pipe mixture into pastry shells. Garnish with reserved chopped walnuts and additional chives, if desired.Serve at room temperature.
Tip: Prebaked tart shells can be purchased at finer markets or bakeries. This spread can be used for filling a variety of carriers such as phyllo shells, crostini, endive boats, or cucumber rounds.