Double the Crunch and Triple the Flavors: Crunchy Chicken Fingers with Salsa!
Time Taken: 15 minutes preparation time + 20 – 25 minutes cooking time
Serves: 4 pieces
INGREDIENTS: for chicken fingers
- Chicken breast (boneless): 2 nos.
– Dijon mustard: 1 teaspoon
– Garlic (chopped): ½ teaspoon
– Thyme (chopped): ¼ teaspoon
– Salt: ¼ teaspoon
– Black pepper (crushed): ¼ teaspoon
– Chilli flakes: ¼ teaspoon
– Refined oil: 1 tablespoon
– Refined flour: ½ cup
– Eggs: 2 nos.
– Old bread (crust removed): 5 slices
– Cornflakes: 2 tablespoon- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
INGREDIENTS: for salsa
- Tomato: 6 nos.
– Onion: 1 no
– Jalapeno: 4 nos.
– Garlic: 4 cloves
– Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
– Coriander: 3 – 4 sprigs
– Salt to taste
– Juice of 1 lemon
METHOD: for chicken fingers
- Cut the chicken into strips; marinate with the mustard, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, lemon juice, lemon rind and refined oil. Let the chicken marinate for half an hour.
- Tear the slices of bread and place into the KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Food Chopper and blitz to make the bread crumbs. Add crushed cornflakes.
- Beat the eggs and keep in a bowl.
- Place the refined flour on a tray.
- Dredge the marinated chicken in the flour, dip in the beaten egg and then coat with the bread crumbs and cornflakes mix. Repeat this process for all the chicken fingers.
- Deep fry in refined oil till golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and serve with the salsa.
METHOD: for salsa
Tip: Serve with squeeze of lime and a drizzle of olive oil.