Serve Double Chocolate Chip Muffins with a cup of coffee for that extra chocolaty flavour.
Yield: Makes 10 – 12 Medium Size Muffins
Baking Time: 20 Minutes
– 1/2 Cup (113 gram) unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 Cup granulated white sugar
– 2/3 Cup milk, at room temperature
– 2 Cup all purpose flour
– 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 1 teaspoon chocolate essence
– 2 eggs
– ¼ Cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
– 1 Cup dark milk chocolate squares, broken into halves
– Preheat you oven to 375° F (190° C). Line muffin tray with paper liners and grease them with little butter or oil.
– Sift together flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips. Combine well and keep aside until required.
– Now cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl using KitchenAid 7 Speed Hand Mixer at medium speed until light, crazy and fluffy.
– Add one egg at a time and whisk for a minute or so each time.
– Now add the milk, chocolate essence and vanilla extract to the liquid mixture. Once again whisk with the KitchenAid 7 Speed Hand Mixer until well combined approx. for 3 – 4 minutes at medium speed.
– In small batches add the sifted flour mixture to the liquid ingredients. Gently fold the batter using the rubber spatula. Make sure there are no lumps or streaks remain in the batter.
– Scoop equal amount of batter into the prepared muffin tray. Top each muffin with milk chocolate pieces. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
– Once baked transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool down for sometime.
– Serve Double Chocolate Chip Muffins with a cup of coffee for that extra chocolaty flavour.