Recipe by our Chef of the fortnight: Tarini Bawa owner at Tcakes
This is a special winter cake. It gets its dark color from the jaggery in it. Moist, soft and fat busting. Also recommended for pregnant women…
PREPARATION TIME | 20 mins
COOKING TIME | 45 mins
SERVES | 10-12 slices
– Wheat flour (ata): 300 Gms
– Jaggery (gur): 300 Gms
– Vegetable oil: 85 Gms
– Baking Powder: 1/2 tsp
– Baking soda: 1.5 tsp
– Egg: 3
– Water: 145 Gms
– Almonds (whole): Enough for sprinkling
– Walnuts (whole): Enough for sprinkling
– Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
– Preheat oven to 180C.
– Sift wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
– Cream jaggery and vegetable oil in “KitchenAid Artisan Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer”. Then add eggs one at a time while mixer speed on low. Lastly add vanilla essence
– Fold in wheat flour mix into the egg mix, gently. Make sure to add little flour mix at a time, so as to avoid lumps.
– Pour batter into greased 6” round cake pan. Sprinkle almonds and walnuts on top.
– Bake for about 45mins or until toothpick comes out clean.