Christmas is almost closing in…
but wait! How can you sit and wait on Christmas Eve for the clock to strick 12, without a cup of Eggnog in hand and family and friends chattign around you?
So, here I’am…sharing a fast, simple and tasty recipe for a quick Christmas drink – EGGNOG!!
– Large eggs: 4 nos.
– Egg yolks: 2 nos.
– Granulated sugar: 1/2 cup
– Whole milk: 2 1/2 cups
– Rum: 3/4cup
– Brandy: 1/2 cup
– Vanilla extract: 1 tablespoon
– Nutmeg (freshly grated): 1/4 tablespoon
– Whipping cream: 1 cup
– Powdered sugar: 1 tablespoon
– Boil milk in the Saucepan. Bring it just to the boiling point.
– In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs , grated nutmeg and yolks and granulated sugar using the whisk attachement in the cordless hand blender until mixed well.
– Pour the hot milk gradually into the beaten egg while whisking continuously so that the eggs do not curdle.
– Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and place it on a low flame, stirring steadily, until the mixture thickens.The custard should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. If you draw your finger across the back of the spoon, the line will remain distinct and the custard sauce is done.
– Pour the custard through a fine-meshed sieve into large bowl. Stir in vanilla, rum, brandy and some more grated nutmeg. Let the mixture cool, then cover with clingfilm and refrigerate until cold, atleast three hours and or up to one day.
– Whip the cream with powdered sugar till soft peaks form and mix it lightly into the egg mixture just before serving. Serve from a chilled punch bowl or ladle into individual glasses, garnishing with grated nutmeg.