Fig and Goat Cheese Salad With candied Walnut: Bring together in one dish, Crunchy Figs, Creamy Goat Cheese and Sweet Walnuts. Healthy eating in one bowl using the KitchenAid Pro Line Cordless Hand Blender!
Preparation Time: 12 – 15 minutes Serves:8
Cooking time: 4 – 6 minutes
INGREDIENTS: For dressing
– Figs- 1 no.
– Balsamic vinegar- 2 tablespoons
– Extra Virgin olive oil- 4 tablespoons
– Honey- 2 teaspoons
– Salt: to taste
– Pepper: to taste
INGREDIENTS: For salad
– Figs: 8 – 10 nos.
– Brown Sugar: 1 tablespoon
– Butter: 1 tablespoon
– Walnut: 50 gms
– Caster sugar: 3 tablespoons
– Goat cheese: 75 gms
– Thyme few sprigs
– Arugula: 2 leaves
– Toasted Multigrain bread: 4 slices
– Place the figs, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey in the hand blender pitcher.
– Use the multipurpose blade on the KitchenAid Pro Line Hand Blender and blend till smooth and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper
– Wash the Arugula and spin dry in the KitchenAid Salad Spinner. Keep in the refrigerator to chill.
– Caramelize sugar and dip walnuts to coat entirely. Place on silicon mat to cool and set.
– Cut the Figs in half, dredge the cut surface in brown sugar.
– Melt butter in a pan.
– Now, place the figs cut surface down to sear.
– Cook till slightly softened.
– In a wide mouth glass or bowl place lightly toasted bread. Place the figs around the side. Add dollops of goat cheese mixed with chopped thyme.
– Dress the arugula leaves with the fig and balsamic dressing. Add the arugula and candied walnut. Serve with a bread crisp or crostini.