Flourless Chocolate and Cheese Ripple Cake
Recipe by CHEF ABHISHEK BASU
– Executive Chef at The Park, Hyderabad
SERVES: 4 portions
INGREDIENTS: For The Chocolate Mix
– Dark Chocolate: 300 grams
– Butter (unsalted): 175 grams
– Eggs (large): 3 nos.
– Cinnamon Powder: 2 grams
– Sugar (castor): 80 grams
– Salt: 1 pinch
– Vanilla Essence: few drops
INGREDIENTS: For The Cheese Mix
– Cream Cheese: 250 grams
– Sugar (icing): 75 grams
– Eggs (large): 1 no.
– Blue Berry: 300 grams
– Blend melted chocolate and softened butter in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer on speed 1. Slowly add the eggs and Beat together the eggs with 80 grams sugar [castor/powdered], cinnamon powder, essence and salt in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer, starting at speed 1 and gradually increasing it to speed
– The KitchenAid Stand Mixer is a brilliant machine which shall ensure that the batter of egg and chocolate with the butter is nice and smooth, breaking all the bubbles from the egg. Once the mixture is done keep the batter separately.
– Now in the mixing bowl of the KitchenAid Stand Mixer separately add cream cheese,icing sugar and egg to form a smooth batter on speed 1
– Grease a 10-inch cake pan, pour the chocolate batter and spread it evenly. Top
with the cheese batter and slightly mix to give a ripple effect
– Bake very carefully in a pre heated oven of 160c, for about an hour.
– Chill before service.
Tip: Can be complimented with berry compote or vanilla ice cream.