Recipe by Chef Sandeep Pande
Executive Chef Renaissance Mumbai & Lakeside Chalet Marriott Apartments Mumbai
Light, airy & delicious! Every bite of this Focaccia made with the our KitchenAid Stand Mixer will be blissful!
For the Dough:
– Bread flour 3 and 1/2 cups
– Salt – 1 teaspoon
– Italian Seasoning 1/2 teaspoon
– Sugar – 11/2 tablespoon
– olive oil 1/4 cup
– Warm Water 1 and 1/2 cups
– Yeast – 2 teaspoon (instant yeast)
For Herbed Oil: (i used the same oil for brushing)
– Olive Oil: 1-2 tablespoon
– Parsley, dried: 1/4 teaspoon
– Oregano,dried: 1/4 teaspoon
– Red Chilli flakes: 1 teaspoon
– Olive Oil: 1-2 teaspoon
– Garlic: 1/4 teaspoon (finely chopped)
– Red Onion: 1/2 cup (thinly sliced)
– Red Bell Pepper: 1/2 cup(thinly sliced)
– Chilli Flakes: 1/2 teaspoon
– Cilantro: few finely chopped
– Salt to taste
– First Mix all the ingredients “For Herbed Oil” in a Kitchen aid mixer with paddle. small bowl and keep aside.
– Then Mix all the dough ingredients for Dough with a dough hook. Knead well until you get a soft and elastic dough. Keep it in an oiled bowl and allow to rise.
– Meanwhile prepare the onion bell pepper filling.
– Heat oil in a pan, add garlic fry well and add sliced onions sprinkle little salt and saute till golden brown.
– After that add bell pepper and saute for a minute.
– Lastly add chilli flakes and cilantro and stir well and keep aside until needed.
– After the dough has risen, punch down the rough and divide into two portions.
– Stretch or roll each piece in to 11 inch oval bread.
– And keep it in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
– Using your fingers, dimple the top of the dough and brush generously with herbed oil.
-Sprinkle sauteed onion bell pepper filling, salt and pepper.
– Cover and allow to rise again for one hour or until it looks puffed up.
– Bake in a 425F preheated oven for 22 – 25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Cut into slices and serve.