Garlic chutney Powder is a coarse powder made using garlic, red chillies and dry coconut. It is a garlicy, spicy powder that goes well with dosa, idli or mostly with anything. There are many health benefits of consuming this powder. It keeps your body warm during winters and has any antioxidants to keep your immune system strong. It also happens to be great for pregnant women’s health.
Time taken: 10 minutes
– Thinly sliced dry coconut: 1 cup
– Red Chillies: 10 no.
– Garlic: 1 whole
– Tamarind- 1/2 lemon size
– Salt to taste
– Oil: 2 – 3 teaspoons
– Jaggery / sugar: 1 teaspoon
– Using your measuring spoons, take couple teaspoons of oil, fry the chilies, garlic pods and tamarind separately.
– Now measure and add sliced dry coconut, salt and jaggery using your measuring cup. Let it cool.
– Add this to the food chopper bowl and grind it coarsely.
– Store it in an airtight bottle. It keeps well for 7 days and for more than a week if refrigerated.
– It keeps well for 7 days and for more than a week if refrigerated.
Recipe by: Madhuri Aggarwal (MADaboutkitchen)