Hummus which is a famous Arabian dip, commonly served with flat breads, grilled meat or Fresh Vegetable fingers is derived from the word ‘Hummus’, which in Arabic means ‘Chickpeas’.
Hummus a creamy dip, can be flavoured using lot of Additional ingredients like, Parsley, beetroot, Pumpkin and there is no limit to the experimentation.
– Soaked and cooked Chickpeas: 1 cup
– Tahini Paste: 2 teaspoon
– Garlic cloves: 6 nos.
– Hung curd: 2 tablespoons
– Lemon juice: 2 tablespoon
– Parsley: 1 stem
– Olive oil: 2 tablespoon
– Chickpea boiled water: 1/4 cup
– Salt to taste
Tip: Boiled chickpeas, Parsley and Zatar for topping
– Add chickpeas into the KitchenAid Pro Line Cordless Hand Blender jar. Coarsely blend it.
– Now add Garlic, pressed using Kitchenaid Garlic Press, Hung curd, salt, chickpea boiled water, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and Parsley.
– Blend everything on maximum speed till it is smooth.
– Pour the Hummus into a serving bowl. Make well in the shape of a spiral. Fill it with extra virgin Olive oil. Add boiled chickpeas, zatar and Parsley on top.
Tip: Serve it with Pitta bread, onions, cucumber, olives and tomatoes.