Waking up to the smell and comfort of freshly made pancakes is just delightful: German Apple Pancakes.
Time Taken: 15 minutes Serves: 12 – 16 pancakes
– All purpose flour: 1 cup
– Apple (diced, peeled): 1 cup
– Milk: 3⁄4 cup
– Egg: 1 no.
– Sugar: 2 tablespoons
– Baking powder: 2 teaspoons
– Salt: 1⁄4 teaspoon
– Cinnamon dash ground cloves: 1⁄8 teaspoon
- Place all ingredients in the mixer bowl. Attach bowl and wire whip to the KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Turn to Speed 6 and whip for 30 secs. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 6 and whip for 15 secs, or until smooth.
- Slowly heat the greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by 2 tablespoon fulls onto the griddle. Cook until bubbles form on surface and edges become dry. Turn and cook until golden brown on underside. Serve immediately.
- Serve immediately.