Chewy Ginger Bread Cookies are synonymous to Christmas. The flavour and aroma of Cinnamon and Ginger makes anything Christmasy i feel. These chewy cookies dunked in milk are perfect to be enjoyed sitting next to the fire place. The kids love making them and enjoying them as well. So here is a recipe that you can make this holiday season.
Time taken: 45 minutes – 1 hour Serves: 4 – 6 people
– Unsalted butter (room temperature): 1/2 cup
– Caster sugar: 1/4 cup
– Demerara sugar: 1/4 cup
– Maple syrup: 1/4 cup
– Baking soda: 1 1/8 teaspoon
– Pinch of Salt
– Ground cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
– Ground ginger: 1 teaspoon
– Egg: 1 no.
– All-purpose flour: 1 3/4 cup
– Caster sugar for coating
– Sieve flour, baking soda, ginger powder and cinnamon powder together for a couple of times.
– In a large glass bowl take butter, caster sugar, demerara sugar and blend it with your KitchenAid Hand Mixer till the mixture is creamy and fluffy. For about 5 minutes.
– Add egg and a spoon full of flour and beat till the egg is mixed well.
– Add the flour mixture in 3 parts, mixing well each time.
– Using the KitchenAid Spatula scrape the sides of the bowl.
– Cover the bowl with a cling film and refrigerate overnight. Once the dough is hardened, take it out.
– Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
– In a plate take the caster sugar that we have for coating.
– Using the KitchenAid Measuring Spoons take 1 tablespoon of dough. Make a ball and then roll it in the sugar. Repeat this with the remaining dough.
– Place them on the KitchenAid Cookie Sheet with 1-inch gap.
– Bake them for 12 to 15 mins depending on how much chewy you like them.
– When one batch is baking you can make the balls, roll them in sugar and keep them in the fridge.
– Cool the cookies on a cooling rack and later store it in an airtight container.
RECIPE CREDIT: Madhuri Aggarwal (Blog Name: MADaboutkitchen)