A simple and delightful drink; Gingery Lemonade, where ginger provides a pungency, which is balanced by the sourness of the lemon. A nice twist to a classic, this drink can be made well in advance and also stored.
Makes 4 to 6 cups
– 4 tablespoons sugar
– Juice of 4 lemons, or to taste
– 2 tablespoons fresh ginger juice
– Pinch of salt
– 15 to 20 tips of mint sprigs
– Combine the sugar, lemon juice, ginger juice and, salt and 3 cups of cold water in a blender.
– Add 2 cups of ice and blend until mixture is smooth and slushy. Add more water or ice until texture is just right.
– Garnish with mint and serve.