Recipe by Chef Pablo Morales, Executive Pastry Chef, Leela, Gurgaon
Cocoa Almond Sable:
– Butter: 900 g
– Brown sugar: 660 g
– Almond flour: 300 g
– Flour: 1200 g
– Baking soda: 2 g
– Whole egg: 120 g
Chocolate & Coffee “ Cremeux”:
– Coffee cream anglaise: 450 g
– Honey: 50 g
– Dark chocolate 70%: 220 g
Coffee Cream Anglaise:
– Cream: 250 g
– Milk: 250 g
– Indian Coffee Bean: 18 g
– Eggs Yolk: 100 g
– Sugar: 50 g
- Mix the butter with the sugar in the “KITCHENAID® MIXING BOWL” (for 2 min). Fold the dry ingredients and add the eggs. Keep the sable in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out the sable between 2 oven papers at 3 mm.
- Keep in the fridge for (20-25 minutes).Cut with the round cutter of 8 cm.
– Bake between 2 silpain at 165°c up to 30 min approximately .
– Melt the coverture at 45°c and keep on the side. Break the coffee beans and boil it with the milk and the cream.
– Mix the sugar with eggs yolk and fold to into the milk and cream and cook up 84°c. Strain the 450 g of cream anglaise and Emulsionate with “PRO LINE® KITCHENAID® HAND BLENDER” with the coverture and honey.
– Fill up individual round mould and frozen.
Demould the cremeux and glaze with any chocolate glace and put on top of the table.