It is not just this one day that we should be celebrating Mother’s Day. Each and Every day of ours is a gift by our Mother. Every day should be Mother’s Day.
When I was asked to make something for Mother’s Day the first thing that came to my mind was something that could give her energy to keep going. Something that would give her energy and strength for all the endless chores that she does. Something that gives her daily dose of goodness, when she forgets to eat while she is trying plan meals for everyone.
The one thing that can give her all this is Granola Bars. The healthiest snack bar, energy bar that she can carry to her office and leave it on her desk and munch on it, or keep it on her kitchen counter and pop it while cooking. Make these for her and gift a huge bottle of this Granola Goodness.
– Oats: 2 Cups
– Mixed nuts and fruits (almond, pistachio, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, dried berries, raisins, dry figs): 1 cup
– Honey: 2/3 cup
– Brown Sugar: 1/4 cup
– Butter: 3 tablespoons
– A pinch of salt
– Pre heat the oven to 180 C.
– Add oats and nuts ( not the dried fruits and berries) in the KitchenAid Professional-Grade Nonstick Square Pan
– Spread it evenly and toast it in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Till the oats are light gold in colour.
– In the meantime, melt butter, honey, brown sugar and salt in a sauce pan.
– Transfer the oats into a mixing bowl. Pour the melted butter into the oats mix and mix it well.
– Butter and line the pan with parchment paper. Transfer the oats mixture into the pan, spread it evenly and press it well using a spatula.
Bake it for 12 to 15 minutes till it is nice and gold in colour.
– Leave it in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it onto a cutting board. Leave it on the board till it is completely cooled.
– Cut them into bars and store them in airtight containers.