Semifreddo is a semi-frozen Italian dessert which tastes like an ice cream but is much lighter. As it is half frozen Semifreddo is more velvety even right after you take it out of the freezer. Semifreddo is usually made without an ice cream maker. But I tried it with the ice cream maker and it made the process so much more quicker and easier.
Time taken: preparation: 45 minutes + freezing time: 1-hour Serves: 6 slices
– Egg (large): 1 no.
– Egg yolks (large): 4 no.
– Best-quality honey: 100 gms
– Double cream: 300 ml
– Peach: 3 nos.
– Granulated Sugar: 2 tablespoon
– Mixed berries and mint leaves for topping
– Freeze the Ice Cream Maker Attachment for at least 15 hours.
– Whisk the egg and egg yolks with the honey in a bowl using balloon whisk attachment of the Pro Line® Series 5-Speed Cordless Hand Blender , over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Whisk until the mixture is pale and thick.
– Whip the double cream until thick, and then gently fold in the egg and honey mixture.
– Start churning the ice cream maker on speed 1. Pour the cream mixture gradually into the Ice Cream Maker. Churn it for 20 minutes.
– Line Professional-Grade Nonstick 6 -Cavity Regular Sized Muffin Pan or Professional-Grade Nonstick 9″x9″x2″ Square Pan with cling film with little extra hanging out to help you pull the semifreddo out. Pour the mixture into the prepared tins and freeze for an hour or two.
– In the meantime slice peaches. Sprinkle granulated sugar over it. Put them in Professional-Grade Nonstick 9″x9″x2″ Square Pan and roast it in a 180°C pre-heated for 15 minutes or till the peaches are soft and started to caramelise . Refrigerate them till you are ready to serve the semifreddo.
– To serve, unmold the semifreddo and place it on the serving plate. Drizzle honey and top it with roasted peach and berries.