Lemon and Sesame seeds make great partnership in this light tea-time bake. The flavor of Honey Sesame Lemon Loaf is refreshing and subtle, perfect to accompany green tea or a glass of white wine.
The word ‘honeymoon’ got its name from mead, an alcoholic beverage made from honey given to the happy new bride and groom. It also contains boron, which helps regulate estrogen and testosterone levels and provides a natural energy boost.
Time take: 50 minutes Serves: 9-inch loaf
– All purpose flour: 2 ½ cup
– Honey: 1/4 cup
– Baking powder: 2 ½ teaspoon
– Salt: 1 teaspoon
– Butter (at room temperature): 60 gm
– Eggs (at room temperature): 2 nos.
– Milk (at room temperature): 1 cup
– Lemon juice: ¼ cup
– Sesame seeds: 2 tablespoon
– Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius.
– Line 9×5 inch loaf tin with parchment paper and then slightly grease the paper with butter. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Set aside until required.
– Cream butter and honey using KitchenAid Hand Blender until light and creamy in texture, this takes around 5 – 10 minutes at medium speed.
– Beat in one egg at a time and after adding each egg whisk for 1 minute with KitchenAid 7 Speed Hand Mixer.
– Now add milk and lemon juice beat the mixture for 1 minute at medium speed.
– Gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix nicely with spatula.Once everything is combined, pour the batter into the prepared tin.
– Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
– Once baked cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Slice Honey Sesame Loaf into fingers and serve with a drizzle of honey.