We love anything with peanut butter! Peanuts have natural fat in the form of oil. They are dry roasted and ground to make crunchy or smooth butter. An American favorite- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich is what most kids there grow up on. We like ours straight out of a jar –plain and simple.
Peanut Butter Goodness!!
– A great combination of protein (8g/serving)and fiber (2g/serving), that fills you up and keeps you feeling full longer, so overall you eat less. Perfect way to start your day.
– Protein is good for building and repairing muscles, which is essential if you work out. This makes it an ideal post workout treat. It also has lots of calories that give you an energy boost too.
– For all those peanut butter lovers it extends to the heart too! Its full of Heart healthy mono unsaturated fats. Small quantities of good quality peanut butter can actually improve your heart health.
– Friendly Fat! Contradicting right? But its true. Our bodies need a good supply of healthy unsaturated fats like olive oil, avocado and peanut butter is party to this healthy camp of fats
– Peanut butter is an excellent source of potassium, it goes a long way countering the dangers of sodium.
– Don’t go only by the fat content. The percentage of fat will be fairly similar across most brands and is not the best indication weather the peanut butter is good for you
– Look out for an all-natural peanut butter to minimize the intake of unhealthy fats. Avoid butters that have addition of vegetable oil or hydrogenated fats
– The sugar content should be a deciding factor, more sugar better flavor. Want to save on some calories, go with unsweetened ones.
– Keep a check on the sodium content. Too much can mask the peanut flavor
All natural peanut butter is a better option, but don’t stress if you cant find one. It can be made easily and inexpensively in your own kitchen using the KitchenAid Diamond Blender. You can give it you own flavor twists too!