These ‘easy to make’ cakes are so flavorful and versatile. I used dried blackcurrants and frozen raspberries in the cake- you can use absolutely anything you like! It is such a breeze to make them using the KitchenAid Hand Mixer.
Time: 20 minutes, preparation time + 30 minutes, baking time
Serves: 4 – 6 people
– Light brown sugar: 1/4 cup
– Jaggery: 3/4 cup
– Vegetable oil: 1/2 cup
– Eggs: 2
– Flour: 1 cup
– Baking powder: 2 teaspoon
– Milk: 1/2 cup
– Dried black currants: 1/4 cup
– Handful of flaked almonds
– Frozen/ fresh raspberries: 7-8
– Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
– Using KitchenAid 7 Speed Hand Mixer, combine sugar, jaggery and oil.
– Add eggs and beat well.
– With the speed on low, add flour and baking powder.
– Mix in the milk.
– Using a spatula, fold in the blackcurrants
– Pour the batter into pans. top with raspberries and flaked almonds.
– Bake at 180C for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean