Jaggery Kulfi is one of the best kulfis that i have made. Jaggery in itself tastes very Indian and traditional. And the earthy flavor of the earthenware adds to the richness of the Kulfi. Why not try it this Diwali?
Time: 30 minutes preparation time + 4-5 hours freezing time
Serves: 2 people
– Whole Milk: 2 liters
– Jaggery Powder or Paste (Adjust according to your liking): 1/2 cup
– Almond Slices and Saffron: for Garnishing
– In the KitchenAid Cookware, boil the milk till it is 1/4th the quantity.
– Keep stirring it once in a while with the KitchenAid Spatula to avoid the milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
– Once the milk has thickened cool it down completely.
– Once the milk is completely cooled, add jaggery to it.
– Using the KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender attached with S blade, blend it till the jaggery is well dissolved and the milk is smooth and creamy.
– Sieve the reduced milk into a jug to remove any stone or any dirt from the jaggery.
– Pour the mixture into small terracotta bowls or kulfi molds and freeze for atlas 4 hours.
– Garnish it with Almond slices and saffron before serving.