Kesar Basundi is a delicious rich creamy Indian dessert flavoured with saffron and garnished with dry fruits, rose petals. Kesar Basundi is easy to make desserts and a perfect sweet treat for Holi or Diwali, in fact any festive occasion. The best part of this rich creamy Basundi is that it is loved across all ages.
Preparation time : 60 minutes Serving:6
– Full cream milk: 3 cups
– Condensed milk: 3/4 cup
– 1 generous pinch of saffron, soaked in 3 tablespoon of milk
– Chopped dry fruits and dried rose petals for garnish
– Add 3 cups of milk into a heavy bottom pan. Bring it to boil and simmer until reduced to 3/4th of the original quantity.
– Add condensed milk and saffron soaked milk. Stir until combined well
– Simmer until the consistency has reached to a thick cream such that it coats the back of the ladle.
– Keep stirring at intervals to avoid burning from the bottom. Once done take it off the heat.
– Cool completely and refrigerate.
– While serving, pour each serving portion in a bowl or glass.
– Garnish with chopped dry fruits and rose petals. Serve chilled.