Chia seeds are a magic ingredient that I love to work with. Lemon muffins, that is one of my favorite dessert is usually loaded with butter and sugar. I decided to play around with my favorite lemon recipe muffins and make it healthy. I replaced butter with olive oil and added chia seeds to it. They’re still fluffy and flavourful. To make things better, they’re also healthy now!
Time taken: 20 minutes + 30 minutes(Baking time) Serves: 6 muffins
– All-purpose flour: 1 1/2 cups
– Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
– Olive oil: 1/2 cup
– Sugar: 1/2 cup
– Yogurt: 2/3 cup
– Lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
– Egg: 1
– Chia seeds: 2 tablespoons
– Preheat oven to 150C.
– In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
– In a large bowl, use the KitchenAid 7 Speed Hand Mixer to beat together olive oil, sugar, yogurt, and lemon juice
– Add egg and beat well.
– Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix only until well combined. Do not over-mix. Fold in chia seeds.
– Using a scoop pour batter into a muffin tin.
– Bake for 20-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.