The warm tangy lemony cake is a perfect accompaniment to a cup of hot lemon tea. Simple, quick, one-bowl recipe yet super tasty and moist. This is one of the cakes that I can make with my eyes closed. And KitchenAid makes it even easier.
– KitchenAid Stand Mixer with whisk attachment
-All-purpose flour (Maida): 1 1/2 cups
-Baking powder: 2 tablespoon
-Salt: 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
-Yogurt (room temperature): 1 cup
-Powdered sugar: 1 cup
-Eggs (room temperature): 3 nos
-Grated lemon zest: 2 teaspoon
-Vanilla extract: 1/2 teaspoon
-Vegetable oil: 1/2 cup
FOR THE SYRUP
– Lemon juice: 1/8 cup
– Sugar: 1/8 cup
– Water: 1/4 cup
– Preheat the oven to 180° C. Grease and flour the loaf pans.
– Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl.
– Whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla at medium speed (speed no 4) using the KitchenAid Standmixer.
– Reduce the speed to 1 and gradually add the and whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it is well incorporated.
– Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for about 25 to 30minutes, or until the skewer comes out clean.
– Meanwhile, boil the ingredients for syrup cup in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
– When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan.
– While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon syrup mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in.
– Serve warm with the tea.
*You can also serve it with so fresh whipped cream!*