Recipe by KitchenAid Chef Of the Fortnight: CHEF MAHESH UPRETI,
Executive Pastry Chef, The Lalit, New Delhi
– Egg White: 100 gms
– Icing Sugar: 225gms
– Almond powder: 150 gms
– Breakfast Sugar: 30 gms
– White Chocolate: 100 Gms
– Cream: 50 Gms
– Fruit filling: 35 Gms
– Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
– Beat egg whites in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until whites are foamy; beat in white sugar and continue beating until egg whites are glossy, fluffy, and hold soft peaks. Sift Icing sugar and almonds Powder in a separate bowl and quickly fold the almond mixture into the egg whites.
– When batter is mixed enough to flatten immediately into an even disk, spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a plain round tip. Pipe the batter onto the baking sheet in rounds, leaving space between the disks. Let the piped cookies stand out at room temperature until they form a hard skin on top, about 1 hour.
– Preheat oven to 140 degrees C.
– Bake cookies until set but not browned, about 10 minutes; let cookies cool completely before filling.