Mangoes are definitely the best part about summers. I love baking with seasonal produce and summer means baking with mangoes! Mango mousse is an easy 3-ingredient dessert that you can whip up in a jiffy. I top the mousse with a fluffy meringue that takes the simple dessert to the next level!
Time taken: 30 minutes + freezing time Serves: 3
INGREDIENTS: For the mango mousse
– Mangoes (diced): 1 cup
– Heavy cream: 1/2 cup
– Honey: 2 tablespoons
INGREDIENTS: For the meringue
– Egg whites: 2 nos.
– Castor sugar: 1/2 cup
– Dice a couple of fresh mangoes.
– Using the KitchenAid 7 Speed Hand Mixer, beat diced mangoes until it starts to look like mango pulp
– In a different bowl, using the KitchenAid 7 Speed Hand Mixer to beat cream until soft peaks form.
– Using a spatula, carefully fold in the cream into mango pulp. pipe into serving glasses.
– Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
– To make the meringue, beat egg whites in KitchenAid Stand Mixer at high speed. Beat until stiff peaks
– Slowly add sugar, one tablespoon at a time until the mixture doubles in volume.
– Pipe the meringue on mango mousse and toast using a kitchen torch.