Lasagna is one of the most talked about and cooked around recipe on an Italian-American table. A many-layered baked dish of pasta, sauce, meat, veggies and molten cheese that comes together as a single, delicious whole. It’s also one of Italy’s oldest recipes, and its name stems from the Greek word “laganon”
– Butter: 10 gm
– Olive Oil: 10 ml
– Onion (chopped): 10 gm
– Mutton Stock/Water: 20 ml
– Cream Cheese Sauce: 20 gm
– White Wine: 10 ml
– Fresh Basil: 3 gm
– Mutton Mince: 90 gm
– Chilli Flakes: 2 gm
– Tomato Concasse: 50 gm
– Parmesan Cheese: 20 gm
– Mozzarella Cheese: 20 gm
– Pasta Sheets: 100 gm
– Chopped Parsley: 1 gm
FOR THE MIXTURE:
– Heat Oil and add Chopped Garlic. Saute. Now add the Chopped Onion, saute further.
– Add the Diced Chicken Thigh and the Chili Flakes along with Oregano and Thyme.
– Saute till the chicken cooks, but is still soft.
– Add the Tomato Concasse and cook further, till the water evaporates and the chicken is coated with the sauce and keep aside.
– Add the Stock, Wine and Basil and cook further. Remove.
“Check out how to make fresh homemade PASTA DOUGH AND PASTA SHEETS!”
– Take the lasagna dish and apply meat sauce on its surface. Place one sheet of pasta and top it up with the chicken mixture.
– Add shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Now do two more such layers.
– On the top pasta sheet, once again put the tomato concasse on top and spread it evenly.
– Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top and cover totally with shredded parmesan cheese.
– Bake in a moderately hot oven (250 deg C) for 10 to 12 minutes or till done and the cheese on top turns a nice even brown.
– Remove from the oven and serve hot in the pasta dish garnished with chopped parsley.