Recipe by Chef of the Fortnight Bakshish Dean
Pre-prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 45 min
– Goat meat: 750 gms (with bone, cut into medium size piece)
Paste for marinating meat:
– Pepper: 3 teaspoon (whole, black, crushed)
– Chilly fresh: 3 (green, chopped)
– Ginger: 1 tablespoon (chopped)
– Garlic: 1 tablespoon (chopped)
– Coriander: 3-4 tablespoon (fresh, chopped)
– Lemon: ½ (juice)
– Oil: ½ cup (coconut or refined)
– Onion: 3 no (medium size, sliced fine)
– Coriander powder: 2 teaspoon
– Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
– Fennel powder: ½ teaspoon
– Garam masala: ½ teaspoon
– Tomato: 1 (large size, chopped)
– Curry leaves: 2 sprigs (clean and wash)
– Salt: 1 ½ teaspoon (to taste)
– Water: 1 ½ cup
– Grind pepper, chilly, ginger, garlic and coriander leaves with a little water to a fine paste in the KitchenAid Diamond Blender.
– Add the paste, lemon juice and salt to the meat, mix well and marinate for an hour.
– Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add the sliced onions and cook till they are golden brown.
– Reduce heat and add all the masala powders, mix well, add ½ cup water to allow the temperature to reduce and the flavour of masalas to blend, gently simmer.
– When you see oil appearing on the surface of masala, add the chopped tomato, ½ tsp salt and washed curry leaves and the marinated meat, mix well. Add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil, reduce to a simmer and gently cook till meat is done.
– This preparation has a dry consistency, if the final preparation has gravy you need to continue cooking (to evaporate the moisture) without the lid at medium heat to get the coating consistency.
– Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with some freshly ground black pepper and some fried curry leaves, serve with rice or parotta.
The KitchenAid® Diamond Blender, with exclusive diamond blending system, provides the ultimate blending performance to chop, mix, puree and liquify, with pulse 1-4 settings ; crush ice and a hot foods mode. A robust motor, unique one-piece, BPA-Free diamond pitcher, stainless steel blades and electronic controls combine to create a powerful vortex that is fast and thorough for exceptional blending results. Additionally, Intelli-Speed® Motor Control senses contents and maintains optimal speed to power through all ingredients , allowing you to crush ice cubes, puree soft fruits or blend extra-thick milkshakes with equal ease and efficiency.Learn More