KitchenAid India brings you a tasty recipe by ‘Chef Of The Fortnight’ – Tavi Arora, Owner at Carnations – Dziner Cakes Chocolate Flowers and Packing Studio, Delhi
Dean Koontz once said “Where there is Cake there is Hope, and there is always Cake”
– Whole Eggs: 250gm
– Caster Sugar: 125gm
– Orange Zest: 2nos
– Acacia Honey: 75gm
– Almond Powder: 75gm
– Plain Flour: 120gm
– Cocoa Powder: 25gm
– Baking Powder: 8gm
– Cream: 120gm
– Unsalted Butter: 75gm
– Dark Chocolate 64%: 50gm
– Whisk the whole eggs, sugar and fine orange zest in a KitchenAid mixing bowl, until light.
– Add in the honey, followed by the almond powder, sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, mix well until combine completely.
– Then add the cream to the mixture.
– Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a bowl, add one-third of the cake mixture in the chocolate mix and whisk completely to emulsify.
– Lastly add the emulsified mix in the remaining cake mixture and fold together.
– Pipe into the desired moulds and rest in the chiller for 2 hours.
– Bake at 145 degrees for 40 minutes in pre heated oven.
TIP: To keep the cake moist, soak in a syrup with orange & honey straight after baking.