– 2 Cup peas, fresh or frozen
– 1 Cup spring onion greens, roughly chopped
– 4 – 5 spring onion, chopped
– 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
– Salt, as per taste
– 2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
– 1 litre vegetable stock
– To prepare soup, separate greens from spring onion. Chop spring onion using KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender and set aside. Similarly chop the greens and keep in a separate bowl.
– In a large pot simmer vegetable stock over low flame so that it remain hot while adding to the soup.
– Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add chopped spring onion and garlic. Sauté until onion turn translucent but not brown for about 1 – 2 minutes.
– Now add peas, spring greens and sauté for 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
– Add hot vegetable stock and bring soup to boil once, reduce the flame and let it simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced to almost half, stirring occasionally in between.
– Once liquid is reduced let the soup cool down to room temperature then puree using Cordless Hand Blender to smooth consistency.
– Just before serving bring to boil once again. Turn off the flame pour soup in serving bowls, garnish with fresh cream and crushed pepper. Serve hot.