– 900 ml cooking cream
– 6 no.s egg yolks
– 1 no. whole egg
– 90 grams castor sugar
– 300 grams Ecuadorian dark chocolate; roughly chopped
– Zest of 1 lemon
– Preheat the oven to 140° C.
– In a heavy-based pan, bring the cream and lemon zest to boiling point. Turn the flame off and cover with an aluminum foil. Let it infuse for 10 minutes.
– In a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, whisk together egg yolks, egg and sugar till just mixed together. Do not whisk in to incorporate air.
– Stir in the chocolate in the infused cream. Mix to form a smooth emulsion.
– Pour this mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Mix well.
– Pour into ramekins.
– Bake in a water bath in the pre heated oven for 20 minutes.
– A little more zest over the baked pots makes it even more decadent.
– Dig in while it is still warm .