Our Chef of the fortnight, Savio Fernandes , Executive Pastry Chef, JW Marriott Mumbai shares a quick recipe to make a decadent Philadelphia Cheese Cake.
- Cream cheese/ Philadelphia cheese 425 gms
– Eggs 210gms
– Sugar 185gms
– Flour 38gms
– Sour Cream 55gms
– Vanilla Bean 1nos
– Oreo Cookies 170gms
– Melted Butter 60gms
- Cream the cheese in your KitchenAid Stand Mixer a little add in the sugar, sour cream and vanilla bean.
- Gradually cream in the eggs all this has to be done at a low speed.
- Add in the flour, and spin it at a slightly higher speer for 20 seconds till the flour is mixed in.
- Crush the biscuit mix it with the melted butter and press it into a ring mould.
- Pour in the batter into the mould and cook it in a water bath for 1 hour at 140°C. chill and serve.