Philadelphia Cheesecake With Berry Coulis, comes from the kitchens of Chef Daniel Koshy, Pastry Chef at JW Marriott, Bengaluru.
Time Taken: 1 Hour + 40 Minutes Serves: 16 portions
INGREDIENTS: For cheesecake
– Philadelphia cheese: 650 gms
– Sugar: 100 gms
– Eggs: 3 nos.
– Curd: 250 gms
– Corn flour: 25 gms
– Fresh cream: 100 gms
– Egg yolk: 1 no.
INGREDIENTS: For Cookie Base
– Hob nob biscuits: 220 gms
– Butter: 75 gms
– Mix the butter and the crushed cookies and line the base of the round mould.
– Cream the cheese in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer at speed 1 along with the sugar. Increase the speed to 2 and then slowly add the eggs and yolks.
– Mix the corn flour with the cream and the curd and pour into the cheese mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
– Pour it into the ring lined with the cookie dough and bake it at 150 C for 90 minutes. Take it out once it gets a light golden colour.
– Cut the cake into 8 portions.
Serving Tip: Place a slice and arrange fruit and berries along with the couli and chocolate garnish.