Chef Sandeep Pande is the Executive Chef at Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre Hotel. He shares his recipe for PLUM YEAST CAKE.
PREPARATION TIME | 30 mins
COOKING TIME | 40 mins
SERVES | 8
– Flour : 100 gms
– Castor sugar : 12 gms
– Yeast : 10 gms
– Butter : 20 gms
– Salt : 1 gm
– Milk : 45 ml
– Baking Powder : 2 gms
– Vanilla : 2 gms
– Lemon zest : 1/2 a lemon
– Milk : 200 ml
– Sugar : 50 gms
– Custard Powder : 20 gms
– Fresh Plum: 100 gms
– Crumble : 20 gms
– Make soft dough with all the ingredients except butter in a KitchenAid stand mixer using the dough hook. Add the butter once dough forms.
– Allow to bench rest for 10-15 minutes.
– Roll out on to a baking tray and then, allow a second proof.
– Brush the top of the dough with fresh cream and then pipe the butter into the dough.
– For Custard, mix custard with 50 ml of milk, mix well with the KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender.
– Boil milk, add sugar and custard mix. Cook for minute.
– For topping spread custard on top of the proved dough, sprinkle with plum and crumble on top.
– Top with fresh plum sprinkle with little crumble and bake at 180C for about 45 minutes.
– Cut and sprinkle with icing sugar.