Celebrating the Ingredient of the Month: RASPBERRY, Chef Hanisha Singh brings you a sweet, crispy and creamy Recipe of the Month: Fudge cookie, raspberry and whipped ganache Sandwich.
Serves: 18-20 sandwiches Preparation Time: 30-35minutes
Baking Time: 10-12 minutes
INGREDIENTS: For the Fudge cookies
– Flour: 280 gm
– Baking Soda: 1/2 teaspoon
– Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
– Butter: 112 gm
– Cocoa Powder: 90 gm
– Sugar: 280 gm
– Butter Milk: 150 gm
– Dark Chocolate: 175 gm
INGREDIENTS: For the Raspberry Jam
– Raspberry (frozen): 300g
– Sugar: 75 gm
INGREDIENTS: For the Whipped Ganache
– Dark chocolate: 300g
– Heavy Cream: 300g
– Pre-heat oven to 180ºC . Grease and line a cookie tray with parchment paper
– Sift together flour and baking soda.Melt the butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl.
– Pour the warm melted butter in a large bowl. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until very smooth.
– Whisk in sugar, vanilla extract and buttermilk. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until no streaks of flour remain.
– Stir in the chocolate chips.
– Shape into 30g rounds and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving about two inches between cookies to allow for spread.
– Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set around the edges.
– Cool for 2-3 minutes on a baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack with a spatula to cool completely.
– In a KitchenAid saucepan place the raspberry and sugar , cook till reduced and thick.
– For the ganache heat cream in a KitchenAid sauce pan. Pour the hot cream over chocolate and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
– Stir with spatula till well combined.
– Chill the ganache for 4-6 hours. Place the cold ganache in the Stand mixer bowl and whip to soft peaks using the whisk.
– To assemble, pipe swirls of whipped ganache to one side of the cookie .Put a dollop of raspberry in the center.
– To finish, sandwich with the second cookie.