Stone fruits are in season and stone fruits are perfect for poaching and roasting. I feel it enhances the flavour of the fruit. And when you roast in a generous pool of dessert wine then it just tastes heavenly.
Here is a simple recipe for roasted peach which is perfect to be had with some vanilla icecream.
– Ripe Peaches: 5
– Dessert Wine ( I have used Big Banyan): 1 cup
– Brown Sugar: 4 tablespoon
– springs of Rosemary: 2
– Pre heat the oven to 180°C
– Cut the peaches into half and deseed it.
– Grill two of the peaches on a grill. This is optional.
– Place the grilled peaches and the other.peaches in the pan.
– Pour the wine over the peach.
– Sprinkle the sugar over them and tear the roasary and sprinkle.
– Bake the fruit in a preheated oven for 1 hour or till the peach is soft and soaked up the wine.
– Remove it and serve it warm over vanilla icecream. Spoon the juice in the pan over the icecream and enjoy.
* if you do not want to use wine, you can use orange or peach juice.